It has been scientifically proven that acidity affects most vital organs, including the brain, kidneys, heart, bones, intestines, and the liver. If the environment in the body is too acidic, the function of all organs will be compromised and the body will become prone to different health issues, from milder to much more serious ones.
Once the body enters a state of acidosis, it becomes the perfect environment for diseases to develop as well as the subject of chronic inflammation which is considered to be the major cause of most chronic diseases.
The Standard American diet, which is based on processed foods and unhealthy food items, keeps the body in acidic state all the time, which causes the body to eradicate important nutrients in order to neutralize the acid.
This is the major reason for the higher prevalence of osteoporosis cases, as the vital minerals from the bones, including potassium, sodium, and calcium, and removed from the body. The worst part is that once these nutrients are completely depleted, the body turns even more acidic, creating the perfect conditions for diseases like cancer to develop.
As mentioned above, the Standard American diet mostly consist of acidic-forming food items, such as meats, dairy products, grains, soy, alcohol, coffee, refined sugar, GMO foods, and sugar replacements. When ingesting these foods and when they are metabolized within the system, the body generates acidic waste that should be neutralized and remove. What makes the neutralization process possible are the alkaline foods which should be consumed in large quantities.
20 Symptoms of an Excessively Acidic State of the Body
- Sinus Issues
- Joint pain and aching muscles
- Excess mucus/phlegm
- Chronic Fatigue
- Bladder and kidney infections
- Candida and yeast infections
- Chronic Cough
- Stomach issues including bloating, indigestion, acid reflux and excess gas
- Weight gain and/or obesity
- Reduced mental clarity
- Cavities and sensitive gums
- Sciatica and stiff neck
- Skin issues like eczema, acne, rashes, and dermatitis of all types
- Immune deficiency
- Neurological conditions like Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s and dementia
- Cardiovascular damage due to acidic plaques, leading to an increased risk of heart attack and stroke
- Chest Pain
All tissues and fluids in the body are naturally alkaline, with an exception for the stomach. When the stomach is excessively acidic, it takes alkalizing elements from other tissues, forming a less-than-favorable environment in all areas of the taken elements. In other words, while the body tries to keep the pH levels in check on its own, other bodily systems go into a less- favorable state. This is the reason why we need to stimulate the body to alkalize itself, preferably by making certain dietary and lifestyle changes.
10 Tips on How to Alkalize the Body
- Drink plenty of water on a daily basis in order to help the body flush out toxic matter and other detrimental compounds
- Drink lemon water which promotes healthy pH levels in the body
- Eat more alkaline-forming foods, such a nuts, seeds, beans, legumes, fruits, and veggies
- Increase the intake of green veggies. They are highly alkalizing and versatile and it can be consumed in the form of smoothie, green juices, or salads
- Avoid acidic-forming foods like dairy, meat, pastries, soy, alcohol, artificial sweeteners, wheat products, white vinegar, and eggs
- Stay away from GMO foods at all costs
- Replace coffee with herbal coffee or herbal teas
- Swap conventional dairy for non-dairy alternatives like coconut or almond milk
- Breathe deeply on a spot with fresh and oxygen-rich air while staying away from scented candles and air fresheners
- Exercise on a regular basis to help the body eliminate acidic waste products