Most people who are recommended to give up gluten are put off this idea, believing that they are not able to give up bread at any cost.
This is not surprising at all as bread is super tasty and is the major food we are fed on as kids. However, the truth is that bread is also toxic, leading to inflammation, autoimmune disease, weight gain, and brain fog.
Moreover, wheat is prone to mold growth and mycotoxin contamination, which brings additional health issues, such as hormone imbalance and even cancer. With this being said, it is not surprising that many people decide to go gluten-free.
As gluten-free diet becomes all the rage these days, so does the rise of low carb bread. The problem is that gluten-free breads are nothing better, as they contain ingredients obtained from potatoes, soy, and corn.
The good news is that there is a safer alternative, known as the low carb, keto, gluten-free bread. It contains fat and protein only, which means that people who consume this bread will experience an increase in energy levels and accelerated burning of fat.
It resembles regular bread in terms of texture and taste and it is highly versatile. You can put a burger on it, use it with a butter spread, and it goes well in almost every recipe you can think of.
Bulletproof Bread Recipe For Keto, Low Carb Bread
- Six pastured ( separated) eggs
- ½ a cup of grass-fed Bulletproof whey protein
- Grass-fed butter ( for greasing the pan)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease the pan with grass-fed butter to avoid sticking. It is recommended to use a ceramic pan as it doesn’t leach toxins as Teflon pans do, ensuring you don’t risk your health.
- Beat the egg whites with a hand mixer until the peaks are stiff enough. Otherwise, they will collapse once you add the yolks.
- Pour the Bulletproof whey protein and the yolks and blend the mixture well.
- Put the fluffy butter into the pan and bake for about 40 minutes.
- Remove the bread from the oven and allow it to cool.
- When cooled enough, remove the bread from the pan.
- If you are planning to reheat any leftovers, heat a skillet, grease it with grass-fed butter and burn them until they become slightly toasted.
Note: Don’t consume this bread on a daily basis as the oxidized cholesterol from the yolks may lead to inflammation. Balance is the key!