Most store-bought deodorants are full of toxic chemicals that can cause serious harm to our sebaceous glands, lymphatic system, and the immune system.
Some of the Toxins found in almost every Deodorant include:
1. Aluminum –Aluminum compounds are added to deodorants in order to prevent sweating. Many studies have linked aluminum to Alzheimer’s disease, breast cancer in women, and prostate cancer in men. Aluminum also disrupts the endocrine system. This is a very bad news if we take into account the fact that we have major lymph nodes right next to the armpit area.
2. Propylene glycol – (also known as antifreeze) –This ingredient can cause damage to the central nervous system, liver, and heart. It is known to cause skin irritations in very small amounts (2 percent or less), but still, some deodorants contain 50 percent propylene glycol content.
3. Formaldehyde – This carcinogen is the same chemical that is used to preserve deceased bodies.
4. Phthalates – This chemical is known endocrine disruptor that has also been linked to infertility in men. Besides deodorants, phthalates can also be found in plastic.
5. Parabens – Parabens are preservatives and antiperspirants that disrupt hormonal balances and cause early puberty in children. In a study conducted in 2004, parabens were found in 18 of 20 samples of tissue from human breast tumors, which is a serious sign of the cancer-causing properties of these chemicals.
6. Triclosan – This chemical is used as an antibacterial agent and preservative in deodorants, and reacts with tap water to create a chloroform gas, which is a potential carcinogen. Triclosan is also a known endocrine disruptor.
Why Do We Need an Armpit Detox?
An Armpit detox will help us get rid of the toxic chemicals on our sweat glands, skin, and underlying tissue. It will also prevent the appearance of a rash which usually develops when we switch to a natural deodorant. Some people even claim that they sweat less after performing this detox.
This simple armpit detox can be done in less than 30 minutes. The ingredients you will need are water, apple cider vinegar, and bentonite clay. We have chosen ACV due to its well-known detoxifying abilities that can help cleanse the skin easily. Bentonite clay is our second pick because it makes a great combination with water in destroying bacteria deep within our pores.
The Recommended Amounts:
- 2 teaspoons of water (until right consistency to apply)
- 1 tablespoon of Bentonite clay
- 1 teaspoon of Apple Cider Vinegar
How to do an Armpit Detox?
- Add all of the ingredients into a glass bowl and mix them well.
- Spread out the mixture over your armpits evenly by using a cloth and let it sit for 20 minutes.
- Do not be afraid if you notice some redness on the area because it just means that the blood is flowing to the area and is doing its job.
- After the time is up, wash your armpits with warm water
- Repeat the procedure for a few days or until you notice that your natural deodorant works well and does not cause skin irritations.
Clik Here to Find Out How to Make Coconut Oil Probiotic deodorant: