If you`ve been looking for a way to use the ripening bananas on the counter, look no further. This Paleo Banana Bread is the perfect solution for you as it bakes up moist, fluffy, sweet, and mouth-watering.
Most people put ripe bananas in a smoothie as this is probably the simplest way to use them smartly and avoid throwing them in the trash. But, did you know that bananas which have passed the stage when they are good to eat can be made into tasty banana bread?
Interestingly, banana bread is too delicious that it soon becomes people`s favorite, even to those who are not fans of bananas.
The Paleo version of banana bread uses coconut flour and arrowroot, both of which are easily accessible. The bread itself is grain-free, nut-free and it doesn’t contain any refined sugar. Moreover, coconut flour is low in carbohydrates but high in fiber.
The preparation is extremely easy! All you have to do is to mash some bananas, mix them with a few ingredients, and bake. This makes them ideal for parties or after-school snacks for kids. For an extra delicious snack, serve with fruit-sweetened jam or soft butter. The leftovers can be made into a Paleo version of French toast.
Coconut Flour Banana Bread
Prep Time:10 minutes
Cook Time:45 minutes
Yield:1 loaf (8-10 slices)
- 3 bananas
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 T cinnamon
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 3 T arrowroot starch
- 1/4 t salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Grease a loaf pan with some coconut oil
- Mash the bananas in a bowl and stir in the eggs, coconut oil, and honey
- Add the baking soda, coconut flour, arrowroot, cinnamon and salt and mix well
- Put the mixture to the greased loaf pan
- Bake for 45050 minutes
- Allow it to cool down before removing it from the pan. You can either serve room temperature, warm, or chilled