Cilantro is a very popular Mediterranean herb which is widely used in the preparation of savory dishes worldwide. While all of its parts are edible, its fresh leaves and dried seeds are the most used in cooking.
Not only cilantro adds a unique flavor to savory dishes, but it is also packed with compounds that protect against diseases and promote overall health. It is an effective chelating agent and works wonders for toxic metal cleaning. Its chemical compounds bind to toxic metals and flush them out the body. Those exposed to mercury and were consuming large amounts of this herb have reported a notable reduction of the feeling of disorientation.
This herb has a robust nutritional profile and is loaded with huge amounts of vitamins A and K as well as minerals like manganese, magnesium, potassium, iron, and calcium. It also provides antifungal, antiseptic, and anti-inflammatory properties, which make it effective in reducing inflammation and infections.
How to Use Cilantro?
Cilantro is quite versatile and it can be easily incorporated in your daily diet. You can add chopped cilantro intro your sauces and soups, blend a handful of fresh cilantro in you smoothie, or sauté the leaves and add them to your green salad.
Try This Cilantro Inflammation- Busting Recipe
- ½ c water
- ½ c packed chopped fresh organic cilantro
- ½ c organic apple juice
- 1 tsp of wheatgrass powder
Blend all the ingredients until smooth.
Cilantro Essential Oil
Cilantro essential oil is obtained from the leaves and it is characterized by fresh and citrusy aroma. It is mostly used for culinary purposes, but it also offers a wide array of cleansing and detoxifying properties.
Health Benefits of Cilantro Essential Oil
· Improves Digestion: Cilantro stimulates the production of digestive enzymes and supplies the body with fiber, a nutrient which is crucial for digestion. Cilantro oil is extremely useful for stomach upsets and digestive disorders.
· Soothes the Skin: Due to its cooling effect, cilantro oil is extremely beneficial for disinfecting cuts and minor wounds.
· Detoxifies the Body: Being extremely effecting in removing toxins and heavy metals from the system, cilantro oil is an amazing detox agent.
· Reduces Inflammation: Due to its components, cilantro oil is very effective in reducing inflammation. Cineole protects against inflammation while linoleic acid aids arthritis and rheumatism.
· Reduces Blood Pressure: Rubbing cilantro oil on the skin or inhaling it through an oil diffuser helps reduce blood pressure levels as it works as vasodilator. In other words, cilantro oil widens the blood vessels, allowing more blood to travel throughout the body.
· Improves Cardiovascular Health: Being loaded in antioxidants, fiber, vitamins, and minerals, it helps lowers bad cholesterol levels and eliminates accumulation of cholesterol in the arteries.
· Acts as an Antihistamine: Being a natural antihistamine, it helps people suffering from hay fever and allergies.
· Cleanses the Liver and Kidneys: Combining it with lemon essential oil creates a potent mixture that helps detoxify the liver and kidneys in an all-natural way.
· Treats Anxiety: Being packed with B vitamins which provide calming and relaxing properties for the nerves, cilantro oil is beneficial for anxiety. Combine it with cucumber juice, for optimal results.