Finding healthy recipes is not easy but the satisfaction of finding one that is actually delicious is enormous. This article presents an amazing healthy recipe which uses five ingredients only , all of which are extremely nutritious, healthy and tasty. To put it shortly, this recipe is moist, vegan, paleo, gluten-free, and mouth-watering! But first, let us go over the benefits of sweet potato, which are many though!
1. Abundant in Nutrients
Sweet potatoes are an excellent source of vitamins A and C as well as vitamin B6, B1, B2, and B3. They are abundant in minerals as well, including copper, potassium, fiber, manganese, and phosphorus, all of which keep the blood, digestion, and the entire body healthy.
2. Anti-Inflammatory Properties
Anthocyanin, the water-soluble pigment which makes potato orange, is full of anti-inflammatory properties. These anti-inflammatory benefits are found in the brain and nerve tissue throughout the body.
3. Naturally Sweet and Improve the Regulation of Blood Sugar
To the contrary of the popular belief that sweetness of sweet potato is bad for your pancreas, it is actually beneficial for improving blood sugar in people with type 2 diabetes, despite the seemingly high GI.
It is worth mentioning that maple syrup, one of the main ingredients in this recipe, contains up to 54 antioxidants which help prevent diseases caused by free radicals, such as diabetes and cancer.
- Their vitamin C content protects against flu viruses, speeds up wound healing, stimulates the production of collagen which helps keep the skin healthy, protects against cancer-causing toxins, and plays crucial role in tooth and bone formation, blood cell formation, and digestion.
- Their vitamin D content boosts energy and mood, supports the thyroid gland, and aids the building of healthy bones, teeth, skin, and nerves.
- Iron in sweet potatoes has viral role in the production of white and red blood cell production, immune functioning, and resistance to stress.
- Magnesium in sweet potatoes is needed for healthy blood, bone, muscle, nerve, and artery function.
- Potassium contained in sweet potatoes helps regulate nerve signals and heartbeat, reduces swelling, controls kidney function, and relaxes the muscles.
SWEET POTATO BROWNIES
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato
- ½ cup smooth nut butter of your choice (we recommend almond or cashew butter)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- Handful of carob chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 and grease a small cake pan
- Melt nut butter with maple syrup on the stove
- Mix the melted nut butter and maple syrup with the mashed sweet potato and cocoa powder in a large bowl
- Fold in the chocolate chips
- Transfer the mixture into the greased pan and bake for about twenty minutes
- Remove from the oven and let the mixture cool completely before slicing and refrigerating.
- These brownies taste better when served cooled.
NOTE: These brownies are the best when cooled completely, so store in fridge or freezer.