Adding lemon to your morning glass of water not only satisfies thirst more efficiently than any other drink, but it also supplies the body with the needed vitamins, minerals, and trace elements. Lemon water is one of the best natural energy boosters, too. The bodily tissues are dehydrated in the morning and desperately need water to flush out toxic matter and rejuvenate the cells. Lemon water steps in as ideal solution, as it helps push out toxins and regulate proper kidney and digestive tract functions.
20 Unbelievable Reasons To Start Your Day With Water and Lemon
1. Given that lemons are packed with electrolytes like magnesium, calcium, and potassium, lemon water nourishes the body with electrolytes and provides a proper hydration.
2. Lemon water is beneficial for the joints in terms of alleviating joint and muscle pain.
3. The liver produces more enzymes from lemon water than from any other food or beverage.
4. Warm lemon water improves digestion due to the citric acid contained in lemons. This acid interacts with other acids and enzymes, stimulating digestion and secretion of gastric juice.
5. Lemon water detoxifies the liver by stimulating it to release toxins.
6. Thanks to the potent anti-inflammatory properties of lemon, lemon water combats inflammation of the tonsils, sore throats, and infections of the respiratory tract.
7. Lemon water promotes natural bowel movement.
8. Lemon water is crucial for proper work of metabolism. Being a potent antioxidant, lemon prevents free radical damage and boosts immunity.
9. Lemon water cleanses the blood, arteries, and blood vessels.
10. Being packed with potassium, lemon water promotes proper function of the nervous system. Anxiety and depression and often caused by low levels of potassium in the blood.
11. Lemon water helps treat gingivitis and tooth pain.
12. As lemon is highly alkaline food it acts as effective preventative measure against cancer. Many studies have shown that cancer cannot survive in an alkaline environment.
13. Lemon water promotes weight loss due to the high pectin content, a fiber that helps reduce hunger cravings. What`s more, people who eat an alkaline diet have been scientifically proven to lose weight faster.
14. Lemon water helps dissolve calcium deposits, kidney stones, gallstones, and pancreatic stones.
15. To relieve heartburn, dissolve a teaspoon of lemon juice in half a glass of water.
16. Lemon water dilutes uric acid, which leads to joint pain and gout if accumulated in the body.
17. Lemon water is extremely beneficial for pregnant women! As lemons are packed with vitamin C, they act as adaptogen and help combat viruses like colds. Vitamin C also stimulates the formation of bone tissue of the unborn baby. Thanks to the high potassium content, lemon water also helps form cells of the nervous and brain system of the baby.
18. Drinking lemon water on a regular basis helps improve skin`s quality. Vitamin C contained in lemons improves skin`s quality and rejuvenates the body.
19. Lemon water has alkalizing effect on the body, helping maintain a higher pH level. The higher the pH, the higher the likelihood of fighting off diseases.
20. Ultimately, lemon water helps lower blood pressure. It has been shown that regular consumption of lemon water can reduce high blood pressure by 10 percent.
How and when to drink water with lemon:
Use warm purified or spring water only! Take half a cup of warm water and squeeze in ½ to 1 lemon. To get the most juice and reap most of its benefits, use a special juicer.
Drink the lemon water in the morning on an empty stomach. You can have a glass of lemon water one hour before meals, too.