According to The National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, being overweight is far more serious than being a cosmetic problem only. As a matter of fact, obesity is associated with higher risk of heart problems, too.
Overweight and Obesity-Related Health Problems in Adults
Coronary Heart Disease
There is a strong link between high body mass index and an increased risk for coronary heart disease, a condition in which plaque accumulates inside the coronary arteries.
Consequently, this waxy substance narrows or blocks the arteries, thus reducing blood flow to the heart muscle. This can lead to either angina or a heart attack.
Obesity is likely to lead to heart failure too, a condition in which the heart is unable to pump enough blood required for the body.
High Blood Pressure
Hypertension, also known as high blood pressure, is a serious condition which damages the body in many different ways. Overweight or obese individuals have greater chances of having high blood pressure.
As mentioned above, being overweight or obese leads to accumulation of plaque in the arteries, which causes blood clot to form over time.
If by any chance the clot is nearby the brain, it may block the flow of blood and oxygen to the brain, causing a stroke. As body mass index increases, the risk of having stroke raises, too.
Type 2 Diabetes
Diabetes is a condition in which the blood sugar level is too high. Typically, the body breaks down food into glucose (sugar) and transports it to all cells which use insulin to convert glucose into energy.
As for diabetes type 2, the body is unable to use insulin the right way, leading to production of more insulin. However, the body eventually loses its ability to produce insulin and fails to control its blood sugar level. It is worth mentioning that most people with diabetes type 2 are overweight.
Type 2 diabetes is the leading cause of stroke, kidney disease, blindness, CHD, and premature death.
The one week diet plan presented in this article contains Fat Burning Soup= FBS, which is given to overweight patients who need to undergo a heart surgery in Sacred Heart Memorial hospital.
However, constant consumption of this soup may lead to malnutrition! Therefore, you need to drink plenty of water and kombucha in order to keep the beneficial yeast and bacteria healthy.
Organic Fat-Burning Soup
- 1 large head cabbage chopped in small chunks
- 6 large organic green onions, chopped in bite size
- 6 oz. can diced organic tomatoes
- 3 lbs organic carrots, sliced
- 1 bunch of organic celery
- 2 cans ( 8 oz.) organic green beans
- 1 oz. envelope organic soup mix
- Sea salt and ground pepper
- Put all the ingredients in a pot
- Fill the pot with water and bring it to boil for about ten minutes
- Reduce heat
- Cook the veggies until tender
Bonus Recipe: Organic Cabbage Soup
- 1 Ib of shiitake mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 organic leek (rinsed and sliced)
- 1 diced organic bell pepper
- 1 large organic onion
- 1 organic kombu seaweed (rinsed and sliced)
- 1 bulb organic garlic (sliced)
- 1 large organic cabbage (shredded)
- Organic broth of choosing
- Sea salt and pepper
- Sauté the vegetables, except for cabbage and tomato, using some coconut oil
- Boil the cabbage and tomatoes
- Reduce heat and simmer for a while
- Add herbs of choosing
- Simmer for five minutes