Every woman wishes for a strong, shiny, and healthy hair, but most of the regular care practices are a downturn in keeping the hair healthy. Some of these things we do automatically, but they do affect the health of our hair. Here are 20 great habits for stronger and healthier hair!
1. Moisten the hair with plain white vinegar after using shampoo and let it work for a few minutes before washing. Your hair will be much shinier after the very first use.
2. Use a natural avocado hair mask one a month
3. Wash the hair with egg yolks instead of shampoo. As unusual as it seems, raw egg yolks moisturize the hair much better than most commercial products.
4. Avoid washing the hair too often as this practice removes the oil from the scalp which is needed for nutrition and growth.
5. Use a sulfate-free shampoo as sulfate tends to deprive the hair of its moisture.
6. Braiding the hair before bed gives natural waves in the morning and prevents the hair from tangling and breakage.
7. Massage the scalp with a wooden brush on a daily basis to increase blood flow in this area and stimulate hair growth.
8. Protect the hair from the sun by using sunscreens and summer hair styling products which protect the hair from salt water and chlorine.
9. Instead of blow drying the hair, let it dry naturally as often as possible.
10. Dry the hair before bedtime as wet hair is more prone to breakage.
11. Argan oil is highly beneficial for the hair! Use it as a conditioner or for split ends and dry scalp
12. Avoid curling irons and hot straighteners as high temperatures weaken the hair. In case you must use any, make sure you use a spray-in heat protectant, too.
13. Don’t bleach or dye your hair as they contain chemicals like ammonia, which has been shown to damage the hair and burn the scalp.
14. Never brush the hair when it is wet since this makes it prone to breakage. Use a comb right after applying a hair conditioner.
15. Use a silk or satin pillowcase for the bed. These materials are safer for the hair as they don’t catch it like other pillowcases do when you toss and turn.
16. Consume biotin to stimulate hair growth and skin regeneration.
17. If your hair is prone to split ends, trim it every 8 weeks to keep it strong and healthy.
18. Take care of your hair with natural masks which are high in vitamins and beneficial oils.
19. Eat well as the hair is nourished by the food you eat. If your diet lacks natural fats, vitamins, and protein, your hair will suffer.
20. Relax! Stress is one of the most damaging things for the hair. No matter how much you nourish your hair, stress will affect the hair and it will never be as shiny as it could be.