Snacking is one of the major problems when it comes to healthy eating and following a healthy lifestyle in general. The good news is that there are ways to avoid going hungry between meals. The tasty and healthy choices below help boost your metabolism in an all-natural and healthy way! Who would have thought that snacking can be both mouth-watering and healthy?
1. Baked Zucchini Chips
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees C/ 350 degrees F
- Put the zucchini in a bowl, sprinkle with olive oil, and add bread crumbs to coat
- Sprinkle oregano and parmesan cheese over the coated zucchini
- Place the coated zucchini on a baking sheet
- Bake for about fifteen minutes or until the zucchini are tender and the cheese melted
This chips a healthier alternative to chips or fries with meals.
2. Butternut Squash Chips
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F
- Cut the butternut squash and remove the seeds. Wash the middle and remove the peel. Then, cut it in wedges.
- Coat the butternut squash fries with olive oil and herbs of choice
- Place the fries on a baking plate
- Roast for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden
- Season with salt and black pepper
Simply, healthy, and tasty!
3. Banana, Chocolate, and Almond Butter Bites
- Slice the bananas in slices
- Spread nut butter onto each slice and sandwich two slices together
- Freeze until solid ( for an hour)
- Melt the chocolate and dip each sandwich in it
- Freeze for another hour
So tasty. So satisfying. So easy.
4. Granola, Peanut Butter, and Apple Sandwiches
- Cut the apples in halves
- Spread one half of the apple slices with almond or peanut butter
- Sprinkle with granola and chocolate chips
- Top with apple slices and press to make the sandwiches
Tasty, sweet, crips!
5. Spicy Sriracha Popcorn
All you have to do is to add some Sriracha sauce to a little bit of butter and drizzle over your popcorn. Simple as that!
6. Vietnamese Spring Rolls
Wrap veggies, fresh shrimp, herbs of choice, and mint in a rice paper. That`s it!
7. Dried Apple Chips
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees F/100 degrees C
- Place apples slices on a metal baking sheet.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over the apple slices
- Bake until apples are dried and edges curl up ( 1 hour)
Note: You can make them in a microwave, too!
8. Avocado Toast with a Sunny-Side up Egg
- Mash the avocado and season with salt and pepper
- Heat a small skillet, spray with olive oil, and crack an egg into the skillet
- Spread avocado on a piece of toast and top with the cooked egg
Healthy and yet delicious!
9. Avocados and Hard-Boiled Eggs
All you have to do is to chop an avocado and a few hard boiled eggs for a fast and easy pick-me-up!
10. Cauliflower Crust Mini Pizzas
- Preheat the oven to 42 degrees F
- Run the cauliflower through a food processor and pulse until ground
- Microwave the cauliflower for a few minutes; let cool
- Drain the cauliflower
- Mix an egg, mozzarella, parmesan, cauliflower, basil, garlic powder, onion powder, and oregano
- Spread the mixture into a circle for each pizza, put on a baking sheet, and bake for about ten minutes
- Top each pizza with mozzarella, pepperoni, and marinara
This recipe is low in carbs, yet it offers all the flavor of traditional pizza!
11. Baked Carrot Chips
Sprinkle some olive oil over carrot slices and bake for ten minutes at 375 degrees.
12. Cheerios and Peanut Butter Bars
- Grease 13×9 inch pan
- Put marshmallows and peanut butter in a microwaveable safe bowl and heat for two minutes
- Add the cereal and mix well
- Press the mixture into the greased pan
- Let it cool
- Cut into bars
Note: Use cereals of choice.
13. Ants on a Log
Spread ricotta cheese, peanut butter, cream cheese, or other spreads of choice on celery and top with raisins.
14. Greek Yogurt Ranch Veggie Dip
In a bowl, mix all the ingredients: Greek yogurt, onion, dill, garlic, Worcestershire, salt, and cayenne. Garnish with fresh chives.
15. Yogurt-Covered Fruit Bites
Coat your favorite fruit with yogurt and freeze. Simple as that!
16. Cottage Cheese Guacamole
- Scoop the flesh out of the avocado and mash it well
- Add lemon juice and mix once again
- Add tomatoes, cottage cheese, jalapeno pepper, garlic powder, onion, salt, and pepper
- Mix until fully combined
Adding guacamole to this recipe is a good way to increase its protein content.
17. Healthy trail mix
Instead of buying a pre-made trial mix, make up your own by using healthy ingredients of choice.
18. Peanut Butter Honey Yogurt Dip
In a bowl, mix Greek yogurt, peanut butter, and honey. Stir until smooth and fully combined. Serve with apple slices.
19. Cucumbers Stuffed with Herb Cream Cheese and Cherry Tomatoes
- Mix the cream cheese with the ranch dressing and the herbs of choice (thyme, paprika) to make the herbed cream cheese
- Remove the cucumber peel and score the sides
- Remove the center of the piece of cucumber and fill the crater with the herbed cheese
- Add a half Cherry Tomato buried into the cucumber bites
- Sprinkle additional salt, herbs and spice mix
Simple but incredibly tasty!
20. Quick Pico de Gallo
Mix tomatoes, onion, jalapeno pepper, garlic, garlic powder, cilantro, cumin, salt, pepper, and lime juice in a bowl. Refrigerate a few hours prior serving.
This is a delicious dip to accompany any meal or serve as a quick snack.
21. Prosciutto and Fresh Mozzarella on Garlic Toast Crackers
- Grill the bread/ crackers for a few minutes
- Let them cool and then rub a garlic clove on each piece
- Top the bread/crackers with slices of prosciutto and fresh mozzarella
- Grill them for two minutes or until the mozzarella melts
- Top with fresh basil, salt, and pepper
A healthy and delicious snack to impress your guests!
22. Mediterranean Cucumber Roll-Ups
- Slice the cucumber in very thin slices using a vegetable peeler
- Sprinkle the slices with a pinch of black pepper
- Spread a bit of hummus on each slice
- Sprinkle half a teaspoon of chopped pepper and crumbled feta on each slice
- Roll the cucumber around the filling