Amish people are known for maintaining a more primitive lifestyle and reluctance to adopt modern technology and medicine. They live in harmony with nature and use natural remedies, instead of over-the-counter drugs. Literally, everyone worldwide is familiar with these facts, but not everyone has heard about the Amish Black Salve, a natural remedy which is used to treat inflammatory and other health issues.
This remedy is used to prevent and treat various issues, such as cystic acne, ingrown nails and hair, spider bites, blemishes, and dark spots. It is also effective in removing impurities and unwanted objects from the skin like splinters of glass and thorns.
Note: The Amish Black Salve is simple to rinse and it doesn’t leave stains on the skin. It is extremely effective and completely safe to use at the same time. Plus, it is easy to prepare and all you have to do is to follow the instructions below:
Amish Black Salve (RECIPE)
- 3 tbsp. macerate of calendula, plantain and comfrey ( they act as anti-inflammatory and antibacterial agents which accelerate the healing process)
- 2 tsp. of Shea Butter ( it has strong anti-inflammatory properties and promotes deeper penetration of the balsam into the skin)
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil ( it nourishes the skin and accelerates the healing process)
- 2 tbsp. beeswax ( it provides strong healing properties)
- 1 tsp. vitamin E oil ( it positively affects the skin and speeds up the healing process)
- 2 tbsp. of activated carbon powder ( it pulls out bacteria and toxins)
- 2 tbsp. of kaolin clay ( it pulls out toxins from the skin)
- 1 tbsp. of honey ( it has strong moisturizing and antibacterial properties)
- 20 drops of lavender essential oil (relieves pain and has potent regenerative properties)
First and foremost, you need to prepare the macerate. Put a tablespoon of each plant into half a cup of olive oil. You can prepare macerate in two ways:
- Add the plants in the oil and leave it in a sealed jar for 4 weeks before straining.
- Heat the oil and herbs in a bowl with double bottom and simmer over low heat for about an hour
Mix the macerate, Shea butter, coconut oil, beeswax, vitamin E and honey. Put the mixture in a bowl with water and cook for a while, making sure it doesn’t reach a boiling point. Mix the ingredients with a wooden spoon until everything is fully dissolved. Remove from heat and add the activated charcoal, kaolin, and lavender essential oil. Transfer the mixture into small jars and use when needed.
Clean the affected area, apply the salve, and cover with gauze or bandage.