Let` s face it! Everyone loves chocolate, no matter whether they eat it as a snack or enjoy a bowl of ice cream with their family members as part of their family tradition. In fact, there are many people who eat ice cream even if it`s cold outside.
This article is ideal for health-conscious individuals who would like to replace their affection for an ice cream for something healthier. Turmeric Ice Cream is abundant in anti-inflammatory properties and antioxidants, both of which boost health at several levels. It has a unique flavor and unique color, too.
Turmeric: This spice is packed with countless health benefits, such as neutralizing free radicals, boosting memory, making your smarter, and protecting against diseases like Alzheimer`s disease, it positively affects a few factors known to play a role in heart disease, helps prevent and treat cancer, and many more.
Coconut: It contains medium chain triglycerides, it helps you burn fat, it kills off detrimental pathogens, it suppresses hunger and helps you eat fewer calories, reduces seizures in epileptic children, it improves blood cholesterol levels, etc.
No need for an ice cream maker
Since turmeric has a quite strong flavor, this recipe calls for ginger, maple syrup, and cinnamon in order to balance its pungency. It also uses cashews, which make it creamy! The best part regarding this recipe is that you don’t even have to use an ice cream maker. You can add some pecans due to their buttery taste, but they can be omitted. It`s up to you!
Golden Milk Turmeric Ice Cream
Total time: 24 HRS
Serves: 8 cups
Cook Time: 24 hrs
Prep Time: 15 mins
- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked)
- 1 14-ounce can coconut milk
- ½ of a 14-ounce can coconut cream (or ½ cup coconut milk or coconut yogurt)
- 3 T raw pecans (and as many other pecans as desired for topping)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ t ground ginger
- ¼ t cardamom
- 2 t turmeric
- 1 t cinnamon
- Soak the cashews in water for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight
- When soaked, place parchment paper in a standard meatloaf pan, allowing its ends to hang over the sides. Keep it in the freezer while preparing the ice cream
- Drain the cashews and toss them into a blender/ food processor
- Add the rest of the ingredients and process until the cashews and pecans are completely broken down
- Take the pan out from the freezer and transfer the ice cream mixture into it
- Freeze overnight, making sure the plan is placed on a flat surface
- The next day, remove from freezer and serve!