Did you know that most health conditions can be improved and even completely cured by using certain combinations of natural ingredients? One such combination which has survived the test of time is honey and cinnamon.
Benefits of Honey
Honey offers a wide range of health benefits, which is the reason why more and more people have started taking advantage of this natural health aid. Here are some of its benefits:
- Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, it helps reduce allergy symptoms.
- Thanks to its high carbohydrate content, it is a great source of unprocessed sugar energy. The fructose and glucose enter the bloodstream rapidly, which gives an instant energy boost.
- Honey contains antioxidants which feed the brain cells and improve memory.
- Honey soothes the nerve endings and protects the throat, which keeps it calm and alleviates coughs.
- Honey increases insulin levels, which releases the neurotransmitter serotonin. Consequently, the body turns it into melatonin, a chemical which promotes better sleep.
- Applying diluted honey to the scalp treats itchiness and dandruff.
- Due to its natural antibiotic properties, honey helps treat burns and wounds.
- Honey relieves herpes when applied on sores. It works by drawing fluid from them.
- Honey helps restore the moisture of the entire body.
- Due to its antibacterial and antioxidant properties, honey boosts the immune system in an all-natural way.
Benefits of Cinnamon
Cinnamon is a popular spice which offers countless benefits. Here are some of them:
- Cinnamon is packed with highly powerful polyphenol antioxidants.
- The antioxidant content in cinnamon provides anti-inflammatory effects, which help lower the risk of disease.
- Cinnamon is capable of improving the risk factors for heart disease, such as blood pressure, triglyceride, and cholesterol.
- It has been scientifically shown that cinnamon increases sensitivity to insulin.
- Cinnamon reduces fasting blood sugar levels, having a powerful anti-diabetic effect at 1-6 grams daily.
- Thanks to its antibacterial and antifungal properties, it reduces infections and fights off bad breath and tooth decay.
Health Benefits Of Honey And Cinnamon Combined
- Reduces gas and bloating
- Helps digestion
- Helps pimples disappear
- Helps maintain a healthy blood sugar level
- Great remedy for fatigue
- Minimizes joint pain
- Reduces hair loss
- Reduces bad cholesterol
- Reduces skin infections
- Helps the common cold
- Helps with weight loss
- Helps with gingivitis
- Eases upset stomach
- Fights tooth decay
- Aids in maintaining a healthy heart
You can take this mixture in many different ways, from adding the ingredients to teas, smoothies and breads to using it as a paste.
Add a teaspoon of cinnamon and two teaspoons of honey to a cup of tea. Drink it all in one go or half in the morning and the other half in the evening.
Mix a teaspoon of cinnamon, a tablespoon of honey, and a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil in a small bowl.