As we age, the skin cells tend to divide more slowly, and the dermis (skin`s inner layer), starts to thin. Aging also causes the skin to hold on to less moisture, produce less oil, and heal slower. All of these factors contribute to wrinkling.
Apart from aging, there are other factors that contribute to wrinkling, such as facial muscle contractions, sun damage, and smoking.
Facial Muscle Contractions and Wrinkles
The frown lines and the ones jutting from the corner of the eyes are believed to result from facial muscle contractions. Frowning, squinting, and smiling make these wrinkles more visible.
Sun Damage and Wrinkles
Overexposure to sun damages the skin and leads to development of wrinkles. To prevent them, stay out of sun between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. Make sure you wear a sunscreen as well, even when it is cloudy and in the winter.
Smoking and Wrinkles
Smoking reduces the production of collagen, the vital part of skin`s structure. Lack of collagen basically paves the way for wrinkles.
In addition to wrinkles, there is yet another problem that affects many women these days. We are talking about the stubborn facial hair which seems impossible to get rid of. The good news is that this article presents two simple recipes, both of which are guaranteed to make the skin smooth and radiant. The first one helps reduce the appearance and visibility of wrinkles and the latter helps get rid of the unwanted facial hair. Check them out!
1. Anti-wrinkle cream recipe
- 2 tsp petroleum jelly
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp almond oil or olive oil
- Heat up the petroleum jelly until it softens ( you can either do this in a microwave-safe container in the microwave or in a pot on the stove)
- Add the honey and mix
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well to create a homogenous paste
- Transfer the mask in a covered jar
- Let the mask sit for a few minutes
- Wash and pat dry the face
- Apply the cream on the face and massage for a couple of minutes using circular motion
- Let it work for half an hour
- Remove with a towel/ cotton swab moistened with mineral water
Try it out and see the results for yourself!
2. Facial hair removing mask recipe
- 3-4 tsp fresh milk
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp (heaped) gram flour
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
Mix all the ingredients to create a paste!
- Apply the onto the face
- Spread the paste across all areas
- Let it dry for a few minutes
- Rub the dried mask to remove it
- When done, rinse it off and pat dry with a soft towel