These days, most people are virtually obsessed with junk and unhealthy food items and they cannot help it! These cravings often lead to an accumulation of toxic matter in the body, causing your digestive system, including the liver, to work harder in order to remove them. Over time, these poor food choices can damage the liver and cause some quite serious diseases. That’s why it is very important to cleanse the liver from time to time. By doing so, you will improve its function and boost the metabolism. In this article, we will share a recipe for a drink that can help you to get rid of toxic buildup in the liver in a matter of days.
Detox Tomato Cocktail!
The ingredients used in this recipe contain compounds that help protect your liver from toxins and detrimental chemicals, decrease unwanted inflammation, and give your metabolism a boost.
- 2 tbsps. of grated ginger
- A juice of one lemon
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 cup of tomato juice
- A pinch of hot pepper (or chili powder)
- A pinch of cumin
Directions: Blend all of the ingredients in a blender, then pour the mixture into a glass and enjoy your drink. It is recommended to consume on a daily basis. You should experience improvements within 72 hours.
Few words about the health benefits of the ingredients:
- Ginger – Protects the liver against the damage which can be caused by toxins and free radicals. In addition to this, ginger also acts as preventative measure against liver cancer.
- Lemon – Besides high amounts of vitamin C, Lemon is also rich in hesperidin (a citrus bioflavonoid that has the ability to protect the liver from toxins). It also contains cleansing and strong detoxifying properties, which are of great help for this purpose.
- Tomato Juice – According to a study published in the Journal of Nutrition, tomato juice accelerates weight loss, decreases cholesterol levels, and reduces inflammation in the body.
- Cayenne Pepper – Some studies have discovered that cayenne has the ability to suppress appetite and make us feel full for an extended period of time. Additionally, cayenne pepper can also help reduce inflammation.
- Cumin: The University of Wisconsin Integrative Medicine recommends the use of cumin tea as a part of their “Detoxification to Promote Health Program”. It can also be used to help control many symptoms of diabetes, and possibly even reverse the condition when used in combination with ingredients that offer similar properties.