Even though apple cider vinegar has quite strong and unpleasant smell which may put you off, it is one of the best ingredients when it comes to beautiful, blemish-free, and glowing skin.
Apple cider vinegar, commonly referred to as ACV, derives from fermented apple juice. It is recommended to opt for the raw, unpasteurized, unfiltered, and of course, organic version, as it doesn’t contain any chemicals.
ACV is rich in enzymes, minerals, bacteria, and pectin, all of which are critical for beautiful skin.
1. Fight Acne and Pimples
During the process of fermentation, ACV creates an acid known as malic acid. This compound gives ACV its antiviral, antibacterial, and anti-fungal properties. Apple cider is very effective in preventing breakout and acne, due to its ability to remove any buildup. It also prevents the appearance of blackheads. Moreover, it removes maintains pH balance of the skin and it removes excess oil.
2. Remove Age Spots
ACV has the ability to rejuvenate the skin and to make it clearer and shinier, due to the presence of a component which removes dead skin cells from the face. Just apply some diluted ACV on your age spots and massage the area with a cotton ball in circular motion. Let it work for about half an hour and rinse off thoroughly. Repeat the procedure two times daily.
HOW TO USE ACV AS A FACIAL CLEANSER:
- First, dilute ACV with some water. Apply the solution onto the skin in order to remove any dirt and grease.
- Make your own ACV toner by combining equal parts vinegar, water and spritz of essential or fruit oil.
- This toner can be stored for a couple of months. Make sure you mix the product before each use.
- Do a patch test before you apply the toner all over the face. Apply a little bit on the back of the ear or under the chin. Don’t apply it on your face if you experience some irritation or itchiness.
- It is recommended to apply the toner onto the face with the help of a cotton ball. Don’t add pressure on the skin, as it can cause it to sting.
- Rinse the ACV thoroughly after 5 minutes
- You should moisturize the skin after using ACV, preferably by using essential oils like Jojoba oil or coconut oil, both of which are excellent options
Apple cider vinegar has been used for decades by famous Hollywood stars. So, why wouldn’t you give your skin an amazing Hollywood treatment and give ACV a try. Opt for this tried and proven natural beauty method, instead of going for expensive toners and creams.