Rice is widely consumed worldwide and everyone loves it! However, you can get easily carried away and overindulge in it, which in turn leads to a carb crash, something that you need to avoid.
Most people on the Paleo diet use cauliflower rice as a substitute for rice and by getting to grips with low-carb cauliflower rice actually save themselves a few hundred calories in the weeknight meals. Surprisingly, it is very delicious, very easy-to-make, low calorie, gluten free, and diabetic friendly. All you have to do is to process a head of cauliflower in a food processor to create a consistency similar to couscous.
It is interesting to mention that it doesn’t leave you feeling bloated or fatigued if you eat a big serving. Cauliflower is abundant in antioxidant, fiber, anti-inflammatory properties, and indole-3-carbinol, a compound that removes excess estrogen that promotes tumor growth. Given the fact that we ingest excess estrogen through cosmetics and poultry intake, why not use cauliflower in your diet and deactivate its negative impact?
CAULIFLOWER RICE RECIPE
- 1 head of cauliflower
- ½ sweet (or yellow) onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Salt and pepper
- Remove leaves and stem from cauliflower
- Put the head of cauliflower in a food processor and process until it resembles rice
- Dice the onions and garlic
- Heat coconut oil in a large, deep frying pan over medium heat
- Add the onions and garlic and cook until slightly browned
- Finally, add the cauliflower, salt, and pepper
- Stir until heated