Nowadays, most of us are always in a hurry, too busy, and constantly anxious. It looks like the day is too short to complete all the tasks. There is simply no time for a proper meal, enough rest, and relaxation. This fast lifestyle slowly takes its toll on our bodies because no one can stay 100 percent healthy without having healthy lifestyle habits. In the long term, the fast-paced life tempo could lead to some serious health problems.
A good starting point in solving some of the issues is by increasing the intake of essential nutrients. In this article, we will present you a recipe for a smoothie that will provide you the nutrients you need to energize your mind and body. This amazing smoothie is full of ingredients that are very beneficial for the overall health.
THE BENEFITS OF THE INGREDIENTS:
· Chia Seeds – high in omega3-fatty acids, protein, dietary fiber, magnesium, iron, zinc, phosphorus, calcium, vitamin B1, and vitamin B3. Chia seeds have powerful antioxidant properties that will protect your body from dangerous free radicals that damage the cells and contribute to the development of cancer.
· Raw Cacao Powder – full of protein, magnesium, iron, manganese, phosphorus, and zinc. Many studies have shown that cacao powder has the ability to improve heart function and reduce stress.
· Raw Maca Powder – rich in calcium and potassium, as well as fatty acids such as linoleic, palmitic, and oleic acid, and 19 amino acids. Maca powder can help you raise energy levels, increase libido, and balance the hormones in your body.
· Ground Flaxseed – an amazing source of omega-3 fatty acids, dietary fiber, protein, vitamin B1, vitamin B6, magnesium, and phosphorus. Flaxseeds also contain a lot of lignans, potent antioxidants that improve the cardiovascular health and help reduce the risk of developing ovarian cancer.
· Raw Peanut Butter - is a good source of protein. Some studies have found that daily consumption of just one tablespoon of peanut butter can help you stay full longer and reduce sugar cravings. This could be very helpful if you want to lose weight.
· Banana – is rich in potassium, which can help reduce the risk of developing a heart disease.
· Spinach – is full of vitamin A and vitamin K, and is known for its potent anti-inflammatory and cancer-fighting properties.
· Dates - amazing natural sweeteners that don’t have a high glycemic index, which means that they won’t raise the sugar levels like table sugar does.
Here is The Recipe for the Energizing Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie
- 1 cup of spinach
- 1 banana,
- 2 soft pitted dates
- 2 tbsp. of raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp. of peanut butter
- 1 tbsp. of ground flaxseed
- 1 tbsp. of chia seeds
- 1 tsp of maca powder
- 1/4 tsp of Ceylon cinnamon
- 1 cup of almond milk, or any nut milk
- Few ice cubes
Put all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Enjoy your drink.