THIS TEEN GIRL DIED FROM A FATAL HEART ATTACK WHILE ON VACATION AFTER SHE DRANK THIS POPULAR DRINK
Energy drinks can be found everywhere and there are no limits on who can buy them. Most people don’t care about the fact that they can be extremely dangerous. They simply continue to drink them like water and often mix them with alcohol.
But, we hope that you will be more aware of the dangers of energy drinks after this story.
In June of 2014, Lanna Hamman of Arizona was on vacation in Mexico. She was on the beach with her friends, drinking her favorite beverage, Red Bull. After few hours, she started to feel strange and then suffered a sudden heart attack. It is believed that the heart attack was caused the high amounts of caffeine she consumed and dehydration. An important fact is that she drank no water that afternoon.
According to Caffeine Informer, overconsumption of energy drinks can cause:
- Cardiac Arrest
- Headaches and Migraines
- Increased Anxiety
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Drug Interaction
- Risky Behavior
- Allergic Reactions
- High Blood Pressure
- Stress Hormone Release
According to cardiologist Jack Wolfson, there is medical evidence which suggests that energy drinks cause changes in the heart rhythm, and have an impact on blood pressure.
Very important information is that most people treated for excessive energy drink consumption are between 18 and 25 years of age.
To learn more, take a look at the video below!